To Access the ‘Goods Out’ Management Pages click the ‘Goods Out’ icon on the Cloud Dashboard, you will see the Goods Out Menu below:
Creating Goods Out/Returns
1) Select the Location you wish to return the Products/Items From using the 1st List Box, ‘Brunels Department Store’ in this instance.
2) Select the Supplier you wish to rerturn the Products/Items To using the 2nd List Box, ‘Example Supplier’ in this instance.
There are a number of options, these are described in more detail below.
The process is identical for each option, choose the Relevant Return Option for yourself:
a) Return Goods for Credit/Refund – used to send Products/Items back to your Supplier when you are expecting to be Credited/Paid for the Cost of them (i.e. Stock Level will be Adjusted).
b) Return Goods for Replacement – used to send Products/Items back to your Supplier when you are expecting them to be Replaced (i.e. No Stock Level Adjustment).
c) Return Goods for Repair – used to send Products/Items back to your Supplier when you are expecting them to be Repaired (i.e. No Stock Level Adjustment).
d) Return Goods for Other Reason – select a sub-option from : Return Items on Loan (with/without Stock Level Adjustment) and Return Items on Sale or Return/SOR (with/without Stock Level Adjustment).
3) Enter a Search Phrase for the Products/Item Description that you wish to Return in the Text Box i.e. ‘Example Mens Tailored Shirt’ and click the ‘Lookup’ button or press [ENTER] on your keyboard.
4) Select the relevant product by clicking the ‘Select’ button in the Results List
5) Enter the Qty of the selected Product/Item you wish to Return to the selected Supplier
6) Confirm that the ‘Cost Price’ for the Product/Item is correct
7) Click ‘Add’.
8) Repeat for all Products/Items you wish to Return to the selected Supplier.
9) If you need to correct any mistakes you can click ‘Delete List’ to clear the entire Returns List or ‘Select’ on any Product/Item and then click ‘Delete Item’
10) Click ‘Proceed’ when finished
11) Enter a Reason or Note for the Return in the first text box, a ‘Supplier Returns Reference or RMA’
12) Depending on the type of Return you may be asked for an ‘Outcome Expectation’, choose the relevant expectation from the dropdown box i.e. Credit Expected
13) Click the ‘Dispatch’ button, you will see confirmation of the Return creation
Reconciling Goods Out/Returns
Once your Supplier had received and processed your Returns Request you will need to go to the Goods Out/Returns Menu and Match or Complete the Return when you have received a Credit Note.
1) Select the Location you wish to Reconcile a Return for using the 1st List Box, ‘Brunels Department Store’ in this instance.
2) Select the Supplier you wish to Reconcile using the 2nd List Box, ‘Example Supplier in this instance.
3) Click the ‘Reconcile’ button at the bottom of the screen, you will see the Reconcile Screen
This screen shows you all Active Goods Out/Returns with details including:
– Goods Out/Returns Reference
– Expectation i.e. Replacement, Credit
– RMA Number
You can tick ‘Show Reconciled Transactions’ to see previously Reconciled Returns.
4) Click ‘Select’ next to the Return you wish to Reconcile, you will see the full Return details
5) Enter the Credit Note Reference provided by the Supplier
6) Enter an Outcome Note
7) Select an ‘Actual Outcome’ from the dropdown box:
a) Remove these Items from my Stock – reduces the Stock Level for each relevant Product/Item by the Qty on the Return
b) Do Not Alter my Stock Levels – closes the Return but does not change or alter the Stock Level for the relevant Product/Item
8) Tick the ‘I authorise the Reconciliation’ tick box and click ‘Reconcile’, you will see a confirmation message.