If you need to process a sale for products or items which require a VAT Exemption you can do so as shown below.
You would normally need to see proof for this exemption or get the customer to sign an exemption document. We also recommend that if you have a mixture of exempt and VATable items that these are processed under separate orders, allowing you to generate more accurate and clear receipts/invoices.
There a number of reasons you might need to do so, including:
– Mobility or Disability
– International Customers (Non-UK)
1) Enter relevant items into the Sales Basket by SCAN, LOOKUP or PLU Entry as usual.
2) Clicking ‘Alter Line/Change Price‘ or pressing [F2] on your keyboard
3) Click the ‘VAT Exemption‘ button on the right
VAT Exemption for an Export Sale to Europe or other International Country
1) Click the ‘Export to Europe‘ or ‘Export International‘
2) If Exporting to Europe click the name of the relevant Country from the List Box
3) Click ‘Update VAT Rate’ on the right-hand side, click through the onscreen confirmation message
4) If Exporting to a Country outside of Europe click the ‘Export International’ button at the top of the screen
5) Choose the relevant Country from the list and then click ‘Update VAT Rate‘ button on the right-hand side, click through the onscreen confirmation message
5) Now take the payment from the Customer as you would for a normal sale.
6) The VAT Breakdown with Exemption Reason/Code will be printed on the bottom of the customers Receipt/Invoice.
VAT Exemption for a Disability etc.
1) Click ‘Other Exemption Reason‘ if you need to exempt VAT on the grounds of mobility, disability (as explained at the top of this page)
2) Choose the relevant reason from the List Box and click the ‘Update VAT Rate’ button on the right hand side
3) Click through the confirmation message
4) Now take the payment from the Customer as you would for a normal sale.
5) The VAT Breakdown with Exemption Reason/Code will be printed on the bottom of the customers Receipt/Invoice.